No matter how big or small your business, chances are you rely on technology to do your work. Unfortunately, supporting that technology is never easy. Most small and medium-sized businesses recognize the importance of IT support, but are unsure whether to hire, or outsource. Let’s take a look at each option to help you decide which is right for you.
Hiring a dedicated IT person can be pretty appealing. When you have an in-house person you get:
- Availability – An on staff IT person is dedicated to keeping your business running. They’re always available to address issues when they arise.
- Immediate Response – They can respond quickly. That means less downtime and increased productivity.
- Specialization – Over time, your team will learn the specific needs of your business. This knowledge will maximize their efficiency, and allow them to focus on tasks that are aligned with your company objectives.
On the downside, it takes time to find the right people and for them to become familiar with your operation. Along with paying salary and benefits, you’ll need to equip them with the tools they need to do the job. While you will own the assets, there may be a significant upfront capital investment.
Managed IT Services
Outsourcing IT is an alternative that works well for many businesses. Managed IT professionals provide a number of benefits including:
- Expertise – One of the major benefits is leveraging their knowledge and experience. Unlike an in-house IT person, a Managed IT Services provider has worked with a variety of different businesses giving them broad knowledge that can help them customize a plan to meet your needs.
- Cost Savings – Often a Managed IT provider is less expensive than hiring and building a team. Most work on a fixed monthly rate, making budgeting easier.
- Tools – A Managed IT provider has the tools to do the job. This can include hardware, software and more. Plus it’s all been evaluated so you know it works!
A Managed IT Services provider offers knowledge and support at an affordable rate. If you’d like to learn more about Managed IT Services, give us a call and we’d be happy to answer any questions you may have.