Choosing the best printer for your small business can be a challenge. You can spend hours online checking out reviews and stats to help make the best choice. In fact, there’s almost too much info available!
For many of us, the question is, do you buy a home office device from the big-box electronics store, or do you invest in a professional device? The answer is… it depends.
The good news is that today, you don’t need to sacrifice functionality if you’re working with a smaller budget.
Here are some considerations to think about…
- Networking – Do you have connectivity to a network? With the right printer you can scan and automate document workflows.
- Volume – If you produce high volume (over 500 pages a month) or if you need capabilities like collating, a professional device might be the better choice.
- Speed – How many pages do you print daily? …Monthly? If you generate a high volume of output, you will want a machine that can handle it.
- Price – Consider purchasing options. Can you lease with an option to upgrade technology easily? Make sure to investigate and any plans for supplies, paper, and toner.
- Functionality – If you have a need to do more than just print – there are smaller MFPs that can copy, print, scan and fax.
- Lots of Color? – If your business prints your own marketing materials, for example, you’ll need a different print solution than if your office mostly prints invoices and internal documents.
If you’re not sure where to begin, give one of our reps a call. We’re happy to show you all of your options and help you make the right choice to meet your unique business needs.