You may not realize it, but your printer or MFP is an access point or endpoint in your network. Today’s devices are basically powerful computers and just as vulnerable to hacks or breach as any other networked device. Wireless printers and MFPs that can be accessed remotely are even more vulnerable.
At Xerox, printer security is a primary objective. That’s why Xerox devices come equipped with several secure print features to protect your network and your most sensitive data.
Xerox Secure Printing Features
As a trusted provider of secure printing solutions, Xerox devices offer many standard and optional secure print features, including:
- Xerox Secure Print – Sensitive data sitting in the output tray is at risk. Secure print allows you to control the timing of your print output. Just enter a passcode to send your job to the printer. The device will hold the document until you enter the same passcode at the device.
- Image Overwrite – Protect sensitive data by electronically shredding it from your device’s hard drive as part of the print process. Electronic deletion can be done on-demand, automatically, or scheduled on some devices. Image Overwrite uses the same algorithm as specified by the U.S. Department of Defense.
- Data Encryption – All data that moves through your network or printer, or is stored on the device is at risk. Xerox secures data with several different encryption protocols including SSL, Transport Layer Security (TSL), and Internet Protocol Security (IPSec).
- Access Control and Authorization – Create authorizations for specific functions like accessing customer data or scanning. Features can be restricted by user or function. Authorized users can be granted appropriate access upon login and authentication.
- Removable Hard Drive Accessory Kit – This feature allows system administrators to easily remove device hard drives and lock them up securely. This is helpful and a great way to secure data that is subject to regulations like HIPAA or PCI data.
- Built-In Network Security – Many Xerox printers and MFPs include features that prevent unauthorized remote access. These features protect data as it travels via your network to and from your printer.
Are you ready to learn more about the many benefits of Xerox’s latest generation of print security features? Call your TDS representative today and let us show you the benefits of our approach to comprehensive printer security.