Today’s copiers and MFPs are complex devices. With a little regular maintenance and some TLC you’ll keep your copiers and printers operating at peak efficiency for a long time!
Here are seven tips to keep your devices running at peak efficiency:
- Train Your Team – Do your employees know the range of functions your devices offer? Take some time and train your team. They can benefit from all the functionality your devices have to offer and they’ll be using them the way they were meant to be!
- Buy the Right Device – Copiers and printers are rated based on volume. Overworking or underworking your device can mean more service and repairs. Make sure you buy a printer or copier based on your specific office needs for best results.
- Clean It! – Dust is the enemy! Clean the glass under the hood weekly. Vacuum paper trays monthly. Dust can cause rollers to slip and will affect output. Always keep food and liquids away from your devices!
- Keep Sharp Object Away – Keep scissors or paper clips away from the glass. Even a small scratch can affect output quality. Even dust or small debris can scratch the glass. Always check before you print.
- Turn It Off – When not in use, keep your device turned off or in hibernation mode. You’ll not only save energy, you’ll prolong the life of your device.
- End Of Life Care – Whether you’re upgrading your printer, or it’s the end of your lease, before your printer leaves the office make sure you’ve removed your data. Today most devices feature a built in hard drive. Make sure you remove it or securely erase it to keep your proprietary data out of the wrong hands.
- Save Time, Find A Partner – Look for a Managed Print Services (MPS) provider who includes preventative maintenance and emergency repair in their service offerings. A partner who keeps your devices up and running can reduce downtime and keep productivity soaring!
Here at TDS IT we can take care of your printers and copiers so you don’t have to! Give us a call for a free print assessment. Let us show you how we can free your time so you can grow your business.