In today’s digital world, the office print environment is both complex and essential. When it comes to management, many companies find it difficult to manage on their own, and doing so can be a significant drain on resources and the bottom line. Instead, many companies are turning to a Managed Print Services provider for help. But, how do you know which one is right for you?
Managed Print Service providers offer a wide variety of services for their customers. These basic services are a good starting point for many companies:
- Predictable monthly costs – MPS helps you plan your budget with a predictable monthly invoice from one vendor.
- Strategic printer deployment – An MPS provider should provide guidance on how to place your printers in your office to maximize efficiency and reduce bottlenecks.
- Automatic supply replenishment – By monitoring your print usage, an MPS provider can have your supplies delivered exactly when you need them. This eliminates the possibility of running out (and grinding business to a halt) and also the need to store excess supplies.
- Regular analysis of your environment – By periodically assessing your print usage, an MPS provider can give you an understanding of how your print environment is working and what it is costing you. With this data, plans for more improvements can be made.
- Printer replacement strategies – Though your MPS provider should help you leverage your existing assets, they should also advise you on how and when to replace your printers for the best value.
There are many other services a Managed Print provider may offer, which adds value to your partnership. Some of these include:
- 24/7 technical support, to respond to printer troubles whenever they occur.
- Customized workflows to tailor the workflows to your precise needs.
- End-user training on cybersecurity and print protocols.
- Mobile printing support.
These additional services help the MPS provider you choose grow with your company and keep your print environment healthy and secure in today’s digital world.
When you decide to go with an MPS provider, it’s important to choose the best one for your unique needs. By looking for the above services you can be sure you’re working with a quality MPS provider.