Managed IT Services offers healthcare organizations a wealth of benefits, from reducing costs to maximizing productivity. Choosing the right Managed IT Services provider for your healthcare organization is critical.
It’s important to note that not all Managed IT Service providers are created equally as there can be some vast differences in the level of support they offer and the services available.
In general, a Managed IT Service provider is able to offer the following services:
- Application hosting
- Application services
- Infrastructure services
- Strategic outsourcing
- Computing solutions
Healthcare organizations need to do their research to select a Managed IT Service provider that is able to meet specific requirements to satisfy their industry needs. Here are several qualities that healthcare organizations should look for in a Managed IT Service provider:
- Offer guaranteed response times. Most healthcare providers operate 24/7, so their Managed IT Services partner needs to be available around the clock as well.
- Support your organization’s continuity plan. Healthcare providers need a Managed IT Services partner that is able to maintain redundant systems and provide the necessary recovery support in the event of a power outage or natural disaster.
- Manage and maintain application performance. A Managed IT Services provider should proactively manage and maintain your network, databases, and ability to compute.
- Provide proactive governance. The right Managed IT Services partner should offer a single view of all of IT resources under management. Being able to use a single interface to place policies around specific services and make changes as needed will give healthcare organizations greater control over their technology environment.
- Provide proactive security. In the world of healthcare, security is especially important as there are a number of laws that require specific levels of security. Core security services should be offered by Managed IT Services providers for the healthcare industry.
- Manage audits. Healthcare providers need a Managed IT Services partner that can deal with compliance audits as required. A Managed IT Services partner that understands the ins and outs of these audits will prevent healthcare providers from having to pay thousands of dollars in fines.
Contact us to learn more about what to look for when choosing a Managed IT Services partner for the healthcare industry.