Today’s copiers, printers and MFPs are mini-computers with complex functionality and data storage. They can wear out too soon without a little TLC and regular care. Simple steps can keep them running for a long time.
Here are seven tips to keep your devices in tip top shape!
- Train Your Team – Does your team understand the functionality of your devices, or do they just hit print and it stops there? Take the time to train your team. A little training can go a long way toward maximizing productivity.
- Buy the Right Device – Devices are rated based on volume. Over or underworking your device can mean more downtime and more repairs. Make sure when you buy or lease your next device you do it based on your office print volume for best results.
- Keep It Clean – Clean devices often. Clean glass weekly and vacuum paper trays monthly! Even a little dust can cause rollers to slip and effect output. Always keep food and drink away from your print environment!
- Keep Sharp Objects At a Distance – Scissors, paperclips or staples can scratch the glass platen and even the smallest scratch can effect output. Dust and debris can scratch too. Always check the machine and your document before you place anything on the glass.
- Turn It Off – When not in use, turn off printers, copiers and MFPs or at least make sure they go into hibernation mode. You’ll not only use less energy and save money, devices will last longer.
- End of Life – Whether you’re upgrading or at the end of your lease, before any device leaves your office remove or securely erase the hard drive. This will keep important confidential or proprietary data away from prying eyes!
- Save Time, Save Money: Partner Up! – You can take your device to the local repair shop when it goes down, or have a maintenance contract in place. It’s more cost-effective and a lot easier. Look for a Managed Print Services (MPS) provider who offers preventative maintenance and emergency repair in their service offerings. A partner who keeps your devices up and running can save you time and money.
Want to learn more? Give us a call for a free print assessment. Let us show you we can save you time, money and help you grow your business!