There's no place like home—or your own office. Long hours spent sitting in airports or on board flights, or nights spent in a strange bed can take their toll on even the most seasoned traveler. Increase productivity and make the most of time spent on the road with a little preparation and by utilizing the latest innovative technology.
1. Get packing. Make a checklist of all the items you'll need for a successful trip, including mobile devices such as a laptop, smartphone or tablet. Be sure to include any accessories or peripherals such as batteries, power and charging cords, and consider investing in a spare set to keep in your luggage if you travel often.
2. Recharge your batteries. Plug in all devices the night before you leave to guarantee a full charge whenever you need it, and avoid the hassle of searching for an available outlet at the airport.
3. Clear your mind. In the event any of your devices becomes lost or stolen, your sensitive data is at risk. Before you leave, upload information to a secure cloud storage and collaboration service such as Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, or Office365, before deleting those files from your laptop, tablet or smartphone.
4. Be accommodating. Choose your hotel wisely, looking for a chain that is accommodating to business travelers with amenities such as free Wi-Fi, business centers, and ample work space in your room. Consider joining their loyalty program to enjoy perks and accumulate points, and book with them when possible.
5. Timing is everything. Make every second count by using the time spent at the airport and on board your flight to complete any number of tasks from checking emails, to finalizing your proposal.
6. End on a good note. Wrap up your paperwork before you leave with the scan, fax, and storage capabilities of Xerox Mobile Link App.
7. Get on track. Xerox Mobile Print Solution uses GPS technology to locate a compatible printer, securely prints your information to it, and will only print and release your documents once you've input a unique pass code.
8. Relax. Get plenty of rest, eat healthy, and take time for yourself each day to stay focused and increase productivity.
To learn more about how to stay connected and productive while you're on the road, contact TDS IT today.