The way we work is constantly changing. Today’s workforce is requiring companies to adapt to new trends like bring your own device and telecommuting in the workplace. Employees need access 24/7/365 to data and services no matter when or where they are working. Xerox understands the way business gets done in our connected world. Their newest offering is called ConnectKey and it’s transforming business by streamlining the information management process.
ConnectKey is an integrated software package designed to increase productivity in the workplace. The new software system is embedded in Xerox multi-function printers and other multifunction electronic devices. ConnectKey allows companies to store access convert and share data and documents easily and efficiently from any connected device, anywhere in the world, at anytime.
Convenience, Productivity and Security
Xerox, along with several third party developers, has released 16 new products and services for the ConnectKey platform with more to come. In this new environment, office printers and scanners have increased functionality and are controllable from any connected mobile device using any operating system. This allows your office to take advantage of the BYOD trend in today’s workplace. It means that your mobile workforce can have access to documents stored in the cloud and can share and collaborate on critical data with your staff from anywhere in the world. Documents can be edited from any remote device then remotely printed in your office all through the cloud. This means that work can flow seamlessly from the road to your office increasing your employees productivity and saving your company both time and money in the process.
ConnectKey offers a full range of convenient easy to use productivity enhancing functions like:
• Universal Remote Control Panel – This control panel shows up on your desktop or device and allows complete control of all of ConnectKey’s functionality whether you’re working from your desk, or a client’s office.
• Remote Repair Capabilities – IT professionals can access your MFP remotely, which means less down time and fewer tech service calls and that saves your company both time and money.
• CentreWare – Allows control of all of your print devices centrally, not just Xerox devices. Create a complete remotely accessible network within your existing print environment.
• CRU – Customer replaceable units. Another time and money saving feature that means fewer service calls.
• Unified Address Book – email your contacts directly to the printer for complete unified access. No more searching your multiple devices for that lost email address.
• Scan to PC – Instead of printing all documents for sharing and collaboration, scan to your PC in PDF format. Increase your company’s sustainability and use less paper.
• Automatic notification - Your printer will automatically send an email when your print job is done.
Xerox along with third party partners McAfee and Cisco, have embedded ConnectKey with enhanced security features designed to allow data to flow safely and securely to and from connected devices. No two companies work exactly alike. That’s why ConnectKey ships with an App Studio where users can develop their own customizable applications and work process supports.
In today’s ever-changing business environment cost savings and enhanced productivity are the keys to surviving and thriving. With ConnectKey, Xerox has developed the tools to allow your company to meet the challenges of doing business in this tough economy. ConnectKey’s ease of use, and compatibility across operating systems and devices along with it’s enhanced security will free up your employee’s time and allow them to focus on other mission critical business like increasing sales. Switching your business to ConnectKey is a smart business decision that will streamline your company’s business processes and directly impact your bottom-line.
Click here for your free e-book on how to make your office more environmentally friendly: