Millennials (those born between 1985 and 2000) have recently surpassed Baby Boomers as the largest age demographic in the workforce. They are a unique generation, with unique employment expectations.
If you're seeking to hire Millennials you'll need to prepare for what many hiring professionals refer to as the “job hopping” generation. If you're ready to add members of this generation to your workforce, you'll need to adapt your approach to attract talent from this most unique age group.
Why You Should Hire Millennials
Millennials bring a unique set of skills to the office. Here are five reasons you should be hiring them!
- They're Naturals at Digital Marketing - Millennials get a bad rap for spending too much time on social media. But the fact is, they use it to communicate more than any other generation. This makes them naturals when it comes to digital marketing. Want to create a buzz online? Task it to a Millennial!
- Highly-Educated and Tech Savvy - Millennials are the best-educated generation in history! They're the first generation to grow up surrounded by technology and have a detailed knowledge of all things tech, from website development to implementing cyber security.
- Motivated Team Players - Millennials value collaboration, are self-directed, and cherish working on team projects.
- Culturally Aware and Involved - Millennials are the most socially and culturally involved generation since the Boomers. If you're company is involved in public service projects, let Millennials represent your company and you'll see!
- A New Approach - If you want to grow your business in today's climate, you need to recruit workers who look at problems in a new way. Millennials offer a fresh perspective that fosters innovation.
According to recent studies, Millennials will represent 46% of the workforce by 2020. This is great news if you're ready to embrace this tech-savvy, highly-educated workforce!